There are many recipes in town all claiming that they help weight loss. This recipe I have tried myself and by my mom, we both lost weight, about 10% of our original weights with just a seven day diet plan! Take that! Just seven days! Only drawback is that this weight loss is so immediate that it can be back soon as well! But it is a big motivation for beginners!
The complete diet plan will appear in another post. This soup can replace the main course of one of your daily meals and it will help maintain the weight loss.
Ingredients of weight loss soup
Onions 4-6 large size
Cabbage 1 Half head
Tomatoes 2-4 large size
Green Bell Pepper 2 Large Size
Salt To taste
Ginger Powder 1 Tablespoon
Garlic Powder 1 Tablespoon
Black pepper (crushed) 1 Teaspoon
Oregano ½ Teaspoon
Sesame Seeds ½ Teaspoon
Coriander Seeds ½ Teaspoon
Preparation of weightloss soup:
Wash all the vegetables and cut them as you please, recommended cut is ring slices for onions and fine slicing for cabbage and bell pepper.
Take the tomatoes and skin them, in a pan add them with 2 cups of water and cook it looks like a paste. In a large pan add 2 L of water and put in all the veggies, let them cook till they are all well cooked. In another pan take the rest of water with all the rest of the ingredients, bring them to boil, add cooked with veggies with their stalk and stir, add tomato paste and cook till it is well mixed.
Serve hot with Garlic bread or celery. Chili sauce or Soya sauce as per taste.
Serving: 6-8 persons
- Avoid too much salt, salt is known to retain water in body which is not good for health.
- The simple recipe can be altered to achieve different tastes, just do not add fats or the intention of weight loss will be lost.
- This soup can be used any time of the day.
- It can also be given to children more than 2 yrs of age, just add some boiled eggs or boiled sweat corn.
- With brown rice it makes perfect weight loss combination.