Ramadan in summer brings alot of thirst while fasting along with it! It’s some what ok to bear the hunger during the fast but the thirst is sometimes really exhausting and unbearable!
How to control thirst in Ramadan
Here are few tips for how to avoid excessive thirst during the month of ramadan.
1. Use lassi / Yoghurt in sehri to control thirst in ramadan
In the morning, take yoghurt or lassi if possible. (lassi = a milkshake of yoghurt in simple words, take some yoghurt and milk + water and add some salt to it (or sugar if you want) and make a shake of it, have it at the end of sehri)
2. Shower during day time to cool body during fast
Take cold shower when it’s hot outside. Cold shower relieves thirst and exhaustion alot. It relaxes the body and also causes body to cool down. It also causes blood vessels near skin to contract so there is more blood in the inner body system, leading to less thirst feeling.
3. Avoid Sun and head during ramadan
Sun and heat evaporates water from the body. So definitely avoid them to avoid thirst!
If you have any tips do share them with us!
These are some tips added by Aman Rehman to control thirst in Ramadan:
there are some contents related ramazan thirst, which should added to the above para.
1. Avoid spicy food n sehri, which produce stomach acidity and thus produce thirst.
2. Avoid more salt intake in sehri. It also increases thirst.
3. Caffien substances like tea, coffie also increase thirst.
Thanks for the tips :)