This informative article will try to point out that what are the major clinical features of poly neuropathies.
- Symmetrical distal weakness and wasting
- symmetrical distal sensory impairment
- loss of tendon reflexes
- generalized loss in demyelinating neuropathies
- distal loss in axonal(dying back) neuropathies
- Tremor of outstretched fingers in chronic neuropathies
- Pes cavus in early-onset, familial neuropathies
- Enlargement of peripheral nerves in chronic demylinating neuropathies, and in leprosy (Hansen’s disease)
- Distal burning pain in small fibre neuropathies, e.g. diabetes mellitus
These are the major clinical findings in a patient with poly neuropathies.