Losing weight can be one of the most difficult thing, but it’s certainly not impossible! With proper technique and planning you can lose 1 pound per day easily too, reaching up to 10 pounds in a week too! Remember that it’s not recommended to lose one pound daily for longer periods of time. If you’re obese and need to lose a lot of weight, do it gradually and don’t try to lose 1 pound a day for long.
How to lose 1 pound a day
Losing weight consists of multiple parts, all have to be taken care of as they all play a vital role in weight management.
- controlling calories
- controlling what to eat
- being regular
- doing the right exercise
Diet to lose 1 pound a day
It’s a common belief that limiting the number of calories eaten per day will help you lose weight. Well they will do that certainly, but that’s not the real trick. Trick is to keep the metabolism going while you eat a “controlled calorie” diet (note, not just low calorie). Limiting calories below a certain amount results in getting your body into starvation mode, so we have to avoid that too.
How to avoid starvation mode
We need to avoid starvation mode at all cost! Thus keep your calorie intake near or above 1000 calories at least. Some might wonder that 1000 is a very low calorie count already, well, there are meals which can stuff your belly and still give only 300 calories a day too! But we have to avoid them due to many reasons, that we will discuss in a dedicated article.
So to avoid starvation mode, eat above 1000 calories and eat the right foods too, which we will explain a bit later.
What NOT to eat for weight loss
Before we see what to eat for weight loss, first we’ll see what we shouldn’t eat. There are plenty of things to avoid, such as:
- Avoid sugar, and anything containing sugar like drinks, chocolates, biscuits, at once!
- Avoid milk, yes avoid that!
- Avoid eating fat directly, meals can be cooked in oil, but no oil should be in your spoon
- No potatoes
- No icecream
- Anything clearly carbohydrate, including vegetables. You can have vegs in meal but just as part of meal, not the complete meal itself
What to eat for weight loss diet
Diet tips for losing 1 pound per day include:
- Have plenty of water, above 10 glasses, throughout the day
- Use skimmed milk, that too only when necessary
- Have lemon grass green tea (not lemon flavoured tea only, it should be lemon grass specifically).
- Include egg white in your breakfast
- Have more proteins, including:
- Chicken, especially bar b q
- You can cook in oil, but avoid oil coming in your spoon when eating
- Eat at least 2 times a day
Exercises to lose 1 pound per day
There is difference between being slim and being fit. Fitness needs you to have exercise.
Make a habit of these 4 exercises at least:
- Running (or jogging)
- Pullups (yes for females too)
- Abdominal crunches
Exercise at least 3 times a week.
Also, make sure that you don’t sleep right after the meal. Have a gap of few hours, have a good walk in between and then go to bed.
Let me know if you have any queries or any tips regarding losing one pound per day.