Ramadan is here again in 2016! First of all Ramadan Kareem to everyone specially all the Muslims around the world. May this month bring blessings and forgiveness to you and your family. Ramadan is a month in which one can either gain weight or lose weight, depending upon how you utilize it and what you eat, other than your prayers :) In this post, I’ll be sharing my expected general routine for the month of Ramadan. Please note, it’s general routine, not a strict one, you can alter it depending upon your own situations. My aim for diet is to lose around 5-10 kg this month. Also note, mild exercise as discussed in the end is also important but you can alter it a bit from what I’m doing.
Diet Sehri for Ramadan:
The diet which I’m taking this Ramadan in Sehri is as follows:
- Namkeen Lassi (salted) 2-3 glass. (although I’m not having sugar free yoghurt, having natural yoghurt, but you can have sugar free one to have more weight loss effect). Lassi helps you fight thirst during the day when you are Fasting :)
- 2 boiled egg whites (no egg yolk) You can have any other protein if you like.
- Half to full chapati / bread. You can also have bran bread for added weight loss.
- Lots and lots of water.
Diet Aftari for Ramadan:
- Khajoor / Dates (2-3)
- Salted Lemon water (2-3 glass)
- Fruit (melon or so, not mangoes ofcourse!)
After Aftari take a break, goto mosque for prayers, come back and have normal dinner which you will have otherwise or diet one.
Exercise during Ramadan:
Do some what exercise before Aftari. But not very strenuous, just casual exercise. Have some exercise after Aftari but before the dinner meal.
Click here to lose up to 10kg during the month of Ramadan.