One of our visitor asked me a question:
How to relieve muscle pain after jogging ?
Well, I’ll list out a few points to overcome the muscle pain in legs after jogging / running after elaborating why exactly this pain occurs.
Why does we have muscle pain after jogging
- normal wear and tear of the muscles, leading to soreness / pain in legs
- lactic acid accumulation, lactic acid is collected in muscles and it gives pain all day long after running or any other exercise
How to relieve muscles pain after jogging
- don’t stop abruptly. When you stop after jogging, don’t just sit down or stop immediately, rather, continue doing brisk walk for around 100 m or so so that the blood keeps on circulating for some time after you stop jogging.
- stretching, stretching muscles after any exercise reduces post exercise pain and cramps
- vitamin E, it helps in reducing lactic acid accumulation induced pain in muscles
- regularity, be regular, exercise everyday and you’ll feel no pain in less than a week
Hopefully these tips will help you reduce jogging or other exercise induced pain. If you have any queries or tips do let me know!